Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Date With Ani

I would be hard pressed to express in words what a profound impact Ani DiFranco has had on my life. I listened to her religiously for most of college, and for many years after, until her tastes shifted, and mine stayed the same, and she got more funky than fierce. I could easily track at least 6 - 8 years of my life by Ani records if I felt so inclined.

I can't remember the last time I saw her in concert, but I think it might have been a few years ago while I was in Law School. Tonight, after a multi-year hiatus (mine, not her's), I'm scheduled to see her in concert down in Brooklyn and I'm so excited! The only problem is that New York is experiencing torrential downpours at the moment, and the concert ticket says "rain or shine."

I'm crossing my fingers that the rain will let up by tonight, but even if it doesn't, I'll be there. It's not every night that you have the opportunity to relive so many years of your life.

6 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Ya know what? Somehow, seeing Ani in the rain seems almost perfect. Love her music, you got good taste girl!

Candy Minx said...

Oops...I heard it was a crazy rainstorm and mess in some areas with the blown street facitilty.

Hey Buttercup hope you are doing well and having a fun summer...look forward to hearing about the concert!

Karianne said...

And what a cool pic to post! I hadn't seen that one before.

Stace said...

rock on girl

Tracy said...

How was it? I love her voice.

Anonymous said...

Here from yours-truly - congrats with your award!

Nice to meet you - great blog and good music taste too!

Wishing you a great end to your week:-)