Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shiloh, Take 2

Due to an unfortunate and tedious insurance coverage memo that I must draft, the Dragon Lady, crunch time on my case from hell even though we SETTLED several months ago, and the fact that I still need to finish drafting my asylum clients' affidavits, there is no time to blog today.

This, however, is a good thing because all I did yesterday was sit at my desk, look through insurance docs, draft a memo, and eat really unhealthily (why is it that everytime I have to work for 16 hours straight I decide I must have Italian food and dessert on the firm?), and all I have to look forward to for the next few days is more of the same. Boo. Under these trying circumstances, I really don't have anything terribly scintillating to share.

Fear not, tomorrow is Friday, and it will be a better day. Plus, I have my therapist at 6 so I really only have to survive the next 6 hours, go to my appointment, and then please, please, please hopefully I can work from home tonight. If I have to come into the office I might just have to jump out the window. Did I mention I also have three zits, I think due to my facial - but still!! It's not fair to have to work all the time and to suddenly start breaking out. Yes, I want to be healthy and drink lots of water, and go to the gym, and cook healthy dinners. But people, I'm incapable of doing that if I'm chained to my desk. Doesn't my firm understand these things? Sadly, no.

Instead of blogging, I will leave you with these pictures, hopeful sans any forthcoming cease and desist letters.

Au Revoir, for now.

P.S. Since I'm bitching about work again, let me add another point. In the last 7 days, guess how much time Raj and I have been able to spend together, not counting time that we are asleep? 2 hours. I'm not kidding. Granted, he was away Thursday through Sunday. So I guess it's technically 2 hours out of 4 days. Still not a lot. It's depressing.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

If you've got to eat on the firm's dollar, Italian's not a bad way to do it!

Buttercup said...

Tracy, Very positive, and you are correct. My gnocchi was great, and so was my tiramisu. I just wish I hadn't eaten all of it and had had time to go the gym. Perks are fine, but they're no substitute for actually being able to organize your life how you want it to be.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that baby is adorable. I was hoping she would look like every other baby, to sort of subvert all the expectation. But no. I really like your blog, by the way, been meaning to comment for awhile.