Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Don't Tell Me What Happened on PJR!

Houston royally messed with my Wednesday night television viewing pleasure. First, there was the small matter of the one-hour time change. Being used to east coast time, I'm used to looking at only the first number and avoiding the second whenever the times of TV shows are announced. Call it what you will, it's my east coast privilege and I like it.

For example, I'm used to seeing that ANTM shows at "8/7c," focusing on the "8" and ignoring the "7c." Who cares about central time anyway? Unfortunately, that attitude leads to problems in Houston (and rightly so, let's be frank) such as me coming home after my deposition at 6:45 pm, sighing to myself that I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to kill until I could unwind by watching ANTM, and keeping myself occupied by reviewing today's depo transcript and dying my roots - things that did not have to be done right that second - while boxing was on in the background. Yes, boxing! No, I'm not a fan. I just didn't care what was on at 7 pm because usually nothing good is on at 7 pm. Plus, I was totally freaked out that I was going to turn my part orange, as it was my first foray into the wild, wild world of root dying. God, tonight is so sad for so many reasons! Did I mention that I'm getting old and I have gray hairs. So sad, but enough about that.

So, I missed ANTM. To be accurate, I happened to catch the last 10 minutes of the show when I turned to CW at 7:50 pm in anticipation of catching the beginning of the show at 8pm. At least Anchal survived for one more week. I'm sure all these details are fascinating. What can I say, such is my life at the moment.

But, wait, there's more. After missing ANTM and realizing my little time change error, I thankfully caught Lost at 8 pm. Phew. After Lost, I was supposed to watch the season finale of Project Runway, and since I had all of my time figured out there should have been no obstacle to achieving that goal (I had to do work but my plan was to have it on in the background). Can you imagine my horror when I discovered that the Four Seasons does not have Bravo!?!? Who doesn't have Bravo in this day and age? The Four Seasons sets itself out to be a fancy-pants hotel and it doesn't even have one of the most basic television channels. It's so egregious it might just be grounds enough for me to stay elsewhere next time I'm in Houston.

Or, I could just get a DVR. It's not even that I watch a lot of TV. I really don't. It's just that I have three shows and they all happen to be shown on Wednesday and for various reasons I always end up missing part of them. It's not fair! I'm a simple girl. I just want one night where I an relax and enjoy my TV. Is that so wrong?

I'm all over a DVR, just as soon as October quiets down a bit. (Btw, the picture is ANTM because I didn't want to risk looking up PJR and spoiling it for myself. My dad taped it, so I'll be able to watch it next weekend).

3 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Oh no!!! Well fortunately, PR will be repeated a few times in the next few days...I shall see if I can see and record it, but can you go to my blog and remind me. It's very late right now and I might not remember tomorrow. I am addicted to ANTM, PR and Top Chef, love them love them! I do have to keep up with them through DVr because there is just so much good tv, it's like a marathon to keep up on all the good shows. I watch a lot of "classy tv" but I love my reality tv...besides Top Chef, PR are about such creative talented people!

Here is my TT list and let me know if you want me to record PR for and mail it to you...if I can find it tomorrow...

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/10/movies.html

Buttercup said...

Candy Minx - You are awesome for offering to record it for me!! Luckily, I was able to talk my Dad into video taping it last night (after a 5 minute discussion during which he said PRJ was "garbage" and I vehemently, sweetly, protested). Thanks for the offer!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Dangit dangit dangit! I can't believe you're going to have to wait!