Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Flawless Eye Shadow

I'm starting a new feature on B&B on my favorite beauty must-haves and secrets. I don't have a name for it yet, but the plan is for it to be fabulous. It's in the spirit of Fab-Sugar's Fab Finds, which I adore and find quite edifying (and which you should all check out), but it's focused only on me and my discoveries. After years of diligent research, I've made a number of noteworthy discoveries and I want to share them with all of you! This will help me keep track of my beauty finds as well, so it's a win-win situation. Please share yours, too! That way we can all help each other be the spectacular, gorgeous creatures that we are. Boys, eat your hearts out. (I'm serious, eat them. Ha, ha).

First up is a must-have for perfect holiday party eyes, M.A.C.'s Paints Peintures, a "high tech, high performance eye shadow product which goes on creamy [and] dries to a powdery finish."

Here's why I love it: This eye shadow does not crease. You all know what I'm talking about. With most eye shadows, they look gorgeous for a couple of hours, but after a while the color inevitably cakes in the creases of your eyelid. But, not this eye shadow. Throw anything at it - office stress, rounds of Jack & Gingers, 8 straight hours of apartment hunting in Manhattan - and this eye shadow stays perfectly put, as if you had just applied it. It's amazing.

Here's the best part, I use the shade "Untitled" as a primer, and then use my other eye shadows on top of it, depending on my mood. Again, beautiful, crease-less eyes for the entire day. "Untitled" works well with my fair skin, but the product comes in a variety of other nuetral shades that I believe would work well with darker or lighter skin. Prior to purchasing this product, I had never used primer, and considered it an excessive waste of time to put on two coats of anything on top of my eyelids. But, I've been converted.

Sparkly, crease-less holiday eyes, here I come.

Update: I apply this with a brush. It sounds like a pain but it's quick and easy, and it comes on very smooth. This one works great.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buttercup! I went out during lunch to Macy's and bought "Untitled"....can't wait to try it tomorrow morning! Thanks! And how amazing you can talk about eye shadow when you have been going through so much! You really do rock!

Buttercup said...

Ally Bean - Share your finds too!

Gravelly - I'm an amazing woman, what can I say. Either that, or totally superficial. :)

Sparky Duck said...

I can even agree that MAC does great stuff. Plus there stores are hip, they have great music and great um things to look at while the misses picks foundation.

Anonymous said...

I apply all my make-up with brushes. Those applicator things don't work as well, and then they tear and you have to throw them away. I don't wear eyeshadow much though, but I will go add this primer to my stash for when I do! Now, if anyone knows of an eyeliner that doesn't melt...

Buttercup said...

Lass, What brushes do you use? I've been pretty happy with M.A.C. for brushes. I have a nice eyeliner from Origins that doens't melt but it smudges sometimes which is super annoying.