Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Monkey Wrench

I was supposed to go out for dinner tonight with Tapas Boy. It would have been our second date, as he's been gone the last two weeks snowboarding. But I'm sick so I had to cancel. I'm all mucusy, my head's stuffed up, and my glands are swollen. I'm not a pretty sight.

When I called to reschedule, I learned that this weekend didn't work for him as he's snowboarding again. He offered to meet up for chicken soup today and, because I felt crappy and not terribly cute (remember the mucus), I declined, saying awkwardly that I feared I was "contagious." How much more unattractive could I paint myself to be? I can't believe I just told a boy I think is cute that I'm probably contagious. Ugh! And I was really looking forward to dinner.
We left it that he was going to get back to me if he could shuffle things around to make Thursday work, but I detected a note of what I think was hesistancy in his voice. I fear this might be getting too complicated. Perhaps there will be no Date #2.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer!!!!!!!! I think that when you are mucus-free and feeling cute that you should call him and tell him that you'd like to meet up (if he doesn't call you first).

Anonymous said...

Awww! I hate being sick, but you're right...it's not conducive to a hot date. Still it's sweet that he wanted to meet you for chicken soup. You could have played it up, and gone armed with a box of kleenex and a mask. :)

Karianne said...

Feel better soon.

Tracy said...

Get well soon, Buttercup! I'm in Texas now, and wedding planning like mad. :) If Tapas Boy is smart, he won't let a little contagious flegm keep him from asking you out again.

Sparky Duck said...

feel better. Desperation may settle in on his side :)