Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Beauty of Buffers

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but my work life appears to have taken a turn for the better and I'm realizing, for the first time, how useful having a 5th and 7th year between me and the partners can be. Nizz, the 5th year, and Q, the 7th year, joined the team during the last two weeks, and today they were both present for a meeting with our expert attended by Dragon Lady and the more soft-spoken male partner on the team.

It was awesome. Instead of Dragon Lady fixing me in her deadly stare, she turned her beady eyes upon Nizz and Q, who managed to placate her at every turn. It was truly impressive.

Better yet, when the meeting was over, I didn't have to frantically search through every note to make sure I had taken down each one of Dragon Lady's muttered demands. Instead, Nizz and Q gave me 3 discrete tasks, fully recognizing that they would take the entire day, and making me aware that they appreciated my efforts. Even better, I didn't have to speak directly with Dragon Lady about anything, because Nizz and Q are now taking care of that.

It's like I've entered a world of sunshine and rainbows, relatively speaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great news. Hope it lasts! either way, enjoy it now while you can.

Tracy said...

Ahhhh. That's great news!