Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Lake Moraine, My Mental Oasis

I have embarked on a new era in Buttercup & Bean. I purchased my first digital camera during my vacation in Canada, and from now on I will be able to share my very own pictures on our blog. I'm so excited, and quite proud of myself for hooking all this up tonight. I know it's only a CD and a usb cord, but still, I did it!

To kick things off, I present to you a photo I took of Lake Moraine, in the Canadian Rockies located north of Banff, Canada:


Pretty fantastic, don't you think? Really, I don't deserve any of the credit. The lake is so gorgeous that it would be impossible to take a bad picture of it.

I've decided to make it my "happy place." You know, the place I can go to in my mind to zen out when I need a mental escape from Dragon Lady and all of the worries of the day. I think it would be a nice image to meditate on as well.

I could have stayed there for hours. Can you imagine waking up to a view like that each morning? I want to go back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.God. I think I'm going to cry. Seriously. That is so damn beautiful. And I get stuck in flat-ass-concrete Texas? And there are places like that in this world? I agree. It is a very perfect Zen place. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that's amazing. I'm with Lass -- it could make me cry. It's just... transcendent.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the camera, and beautiful picture. Looking forward to more photos here.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic... guess I'll have to access the other pix you sent via email...

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your new camera! I would love to get a digital camera. Hopefully soon!