Saturday, May 12, 2007

Luxurious Bombay

I just had the most marvelous time staying at the Marriott at Juhu Beach in Bombay. It was awesome. I came in off the road - after traveling from Jodhpur to Udaipur, exploring Udaipur (a wonderful city), and then flying to Bombay - a bedraggled, hot, sweaty, and slightly smelly mess, and found refuge with Pirate who was staying at the Marriott on business. If there's anything better than crashing with a friend staying at a luxury hotel on business, I don't know what it is.

The bed was like a thick, wondrous cloud of acres and acres of soft, white linens. The white drapes covered floor to ceiling windows that looked out onto the beach, and were so thick that they blocked out almost all the sun in the morning. But the most fantastic part of Pirate's room was the bathroom. Oh my god, the bliss of a gigantic tub filled with hot, steaming bubbles. I arrived at the Marriott while Pirate was out to dinner and after entering the room, waited about 30 seconds before running a bath and raiding all the complimentary toiletries. I scrubbed and scrubbed, delighted in submerging myself in glorious, sweetly scented water, and then wrapped myself up in a thick fluffy white towel. God, I love hotels. I kind of love Pirate to for making all of that happen.

After Pirate got back from dinner we went and had drinks at a club on the beach that did an excellent peach mojito, and then went clubbing at Enigma, the club in the Marriott. The music was a mixture of Euro, Indian techno-pop with flashes of Western pop. Justin's sexy back made an appearance. It was so much fun.

Now I'm off for a 4 day beach holiday to Goa. Beach bungalows, here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buttercup: I have very much loved reading about your travels, how fun for you to travel with Pirate for awhile! I have thought of you daily and am glad you have had such an incredible journey! Travel home safely! Stora kramar!

Buttercup said...

Gravelly - Stora Kramar til dig!