Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Party Music Picks

I've been in a flurry of activity preparing for my upcoming holiday party. It's actually a holiday/birthday party as my birthday is at the end of December. Although I grew up hearing how December babies always get shafted, I can report, happily, that that's never been the case for me. I guess I'm lucky like that.

One of the things I've been working on, in addition to cleaning up and organizing my god-awful disaster of a room, lugging home bottles of liquor and tasty ingredients, and perfecting my Swedish glogg recipe, is picking the perfect play-list for the party. It's actually way more challenging than I would have thought. I'm doing it in order and trying to have some chill, but fun music up front and then gradually picking up the tempo. The hard part is that you don't want to bust out, for example, Britney's "Gimme More," too early, but you also don't want to let things lag in the beginning.

What are your music must-haves for a holiday party? Send 'em my way. Once I get my list perfected, I'll be sure to post it. It's going to be awesome.

In other news, for those of you who have inquired... yes, I've been rather preoccupied this past week with the Italian man. I'm not going to write much about it because, surprise, surprise, he actually seems cool and I'm genuinely interested in seeing him again. Me thinks blogging would not be a good idea at this stage. Now, if it all fizzles and goes to pot in some semi-painfully hilarious fashion, you can be sure that I will share all the sordid details.

For now though, I'm going to remain pleasantly mum.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Maybe you should play some old school "Mambo Italiano" at your party in honor of your new interest! ;) Glad he's cool! I hope I get to see you at Christmastime! Oh, and Happy Birthday, btw!

clint said...

Ooooh Music! there's so much to choose from, i know what a tough decision it can be. have you not considered getting a deejay?then they get to worry bout the playlist,etc and leave you time to worry bout what to wear and whether your shoes matches your (add-girl-item-of-clothing-here).

otherwise i don't know whether you've heard of House music, it's big here in SA and people just go crazy for it. maybe send out a list of music you're considering, then we can vote on it from there. :) anyways, sounds to me its gonna be lots of fun, and once everyone gets inebriated, the music beocmes secondary just as long as it is upbeat. hopefully i get to wish you on or around your birth date. how many on your guest list? and what age crowd are you catering to?